Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Latex Food Allergy - Lettuce Allergy Signs and Symptoms

Lettuce Food Allergy - Latex Allergy There are many different food allergies throughout the world that it comes at no surprise that a Lettuce food allergy is experienced by some. Like all food allergies, there are many considerations to take into thought about a Lettuce Allergy. Symptoms of a Lettuce food allergy can range from unpleasant side effects to life threatening conditions and should not be taken lightly. If Lettuce consumption is suspected to be causing unpleasant effects to one's health, it is highly advised to consult medical attention immediately.

Due to a Lettuce commonly being used as a flavor enhancer, it can be difficult to completely eliminate it from one's diet. However, if a Lettuce allergy is confirmed it is necessary to cease consumption of the food entirely, or at the very least until a doctor has approved further eating. Common sources of Lettuce are in various food products ranging from candy to yogurt. However, it's presence can also be found in non-foods. This can occur in the form of shampoos, perfumes, and various cleaning agents.

Lettuce food allergies are said to react in many cases different from each other with different symptoms displayed. As in most allergy cases, rashes may occur upon eating Lettuce. Other symptoms include irritability or breathing-troubles. If any symptoms are experienced it is advised to begin a food journal in order to track daily dietary habits and symptoms experienced. This will help to determine whether or not a Lettuce food allergy is to blame.

A Lettuce food allergy is commonly linked as being cross-reactive of other objects possessing latex proteins. This is due to similar proteins that are shared between a Lettuce with the latex food allergy. This condition is known as the latex-fruit syndrome and includes some plants such as strawberry, melon, and orange. Some who develop this conditions are highly sensitive not just to certain fruits but to latex itself. This can lead ultimately up to not being able to consume foods that have been touched with a latex glove.

Sources:
http://dmd.nihs.go.jp/latex/cross-e.html
http://www.aafp.org/afp/980101ap/reddy.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latex_allergy

No comments:

Post a Comment